Malkasian Family Blog

Friday, March 16, 2007

St. Baldrick’s Day Fundraiser: I am Number 1 in the World…

St. Baldrick's Day


St. Baldrick's began as a casual conversation between friends and has exploded into the world's biggest volunteer-driven fundraising program for childhood cancer! Events have taken place in 10 countries and 42 US states, raising over $20 million, and shaving more than 26,000 heads.


I have personally been involved in this event for the past three years. The first two years as a volunteer, and then this year as a "Barber / Fundraiser". There are two types of people raising funds for this event: Shavees and Barbers. Since I already have a shaved head, it would be pointless for me to try to raise funds for shaving my head. So I decided to lend my head shaving skills, and try to raise some money. My original goal was $1000, which was 1/83 of the Atlanta Jaycees overall goal for this year. Raising $83,000 would have put us at a 4-year total of $250,000 raised for this event. Needless to say, I reached my goal a few days ago, and our Chapter, as a whole is up over $120,000 so far with one day to go. The reason I am writing this is to thank those who donated on my behalf. Their names are listed below alphabetically. It is also to tell you that of 985 total "Barbers" across the USA, and in Argentina, I am the number 1 overall fundraiser for Barbers.


Click Here to See World Barber Rankings.

Click Here to see my personal fundraising page.

Click Here for Event Details: Sat March 17th @ Front Page News (Little Five)

List of Donators: Friends, Family, and a few Complete Strangers

· Amber L Maynard · Andrew Gleason · Andrew Paton · Autumn N Coleman · Brad, Jen & Brian Michaels · Brian T. Spirio · Chase Entertainment · Christopher S. Carter · Cuz Jane · Denise M Johnson · Elisha Reasor · Erika Lindroth · Heather Radler Chirino · in honor of Abigail Mendoza · Jason Brown · Jeana Maruggi · Jeff Hussey · Joan McFather · Kathleen O'Connor Conway · Kimberly, Marc and Mia Passarella · Lara R. Stegman · Matt Ford · Matthew Richter · Memberize · Peter Katz · Photog Studios (Mitch and Gina Sinberg) · Ribels · Ryan T Paton · Sarah McFather · Shinobu Uematsu · Susan L Malkasian · www.FSBO.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home