Malkasian Family Blog

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

M.O.Y. 2005

Just wanted to let everyone know that last night I was awarded "Member of the Year 2005" by the Atlanta Junior Chamber of Commerce.

The "Jaycees" is an international organization of young professionals. Our goal is to build leadership skills, network, and raise funds for charity. I have been a member of this group since April 2003. I was also recognized last year as the member of the month for May 2005. Our chapter currently has over 300 active members. We were recognized as a group for being the #1 Chapter in America in terms of growth for last year. Here is a link to the Atlanta Chapter website, as well as the national site.

http://www.atlantajaycees.org
http://www.usjaycees.org

I suggest that all of you (young professionals) attend the next meeting or social for this group in your area.

That is all for now. Mitch, Ryan, and I will all be in Myrtle Beach this weekend. I will have a full report for you next week.

Oh, check out this new site I found. Hopefully you enjoy....

5 Comments:

Blogger Jen Michaels said...

Congrats Mike - that is awesome! Love the link to appetizerstogo!?!?! - Jen

8:18 AM  
Blogger Mike Malkasian said...

Thanks Jen. Did you buy anything? I have some "Pigs in a blanket" on the way.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Jen Michaels said...

I know they are your favorite!

10:20 AM  
Blogger Mike Malkasian said...

They gave me a 5x6 plaque. I am going to hang it in my cube at work.

Also, I am going to Myrtle Beach with Mitch and Ryan tomorrow. I will see you when I return.

8:09 AM  
Blogger Mike Malkasian said...

Thanks Kelli, I will let you know when I go back down that way...How far off of the Turnpike do you live? Are you near the Boynton Beach Blvd exit?

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home